Plan to join us for:
Pedal to the Metal for Meals on Wheels at Heartland Park
TICKETS ARE LIMITED!
Buy Online Now!
$40.00 each – includes “dragging” the strip for as many times as you want, dinner, entertainment, and two (2) beer tickets.
Saturday, June 22, 2013
4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Heartland Park Topeka (7530 SW Topeka Blvd, Topeka, KS 66619)
An adults only (21 and over), summer event of drag racing, live music, food and refreshments. Anyone with a steering wheel or handle bars, including motorcycles, can test their driving skills on the Heartland Park Topeka drag strip.
Rule Number One – No Drinking and Driving!
No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed until after you have completed all runs on the drag strip.
Anyone driving on the drag strip must:
1. Have a valid driver’s license
2. Sign a track waiver
In addition to the above:
If you are driving a car
1. Drivers/Riders – no shorts or tank tops
2. Drivers must wear closed-toe shoes
If you are driving a motorcycle
1. Full leathers
2. Leather gloves
3. Leather boots
4. Helmet with a full face shield. The helmet
must be at least a Snell rated 05
During the short tech inspection, before the car or motorcycle will be allowed on the track, the following will be checked:
1. Lug nuts are tight
2. Tire tread has no cords showing
3. Fluids are capped (oil, transmission fluid, etc.)
4. No lose objects in the car
5. Car must have seat belts
LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE!
Thank you to the following In-Kind sponsors: Bimbo Bakeries, Coca-Cola of Topeka, Frito Lay, Heartland Park Topeka, Hy-Vee, and Reser’s Fine Foods.
Thank you to the following In-Kind Media sponsors: WIBW-TV, The Vindicator, The Oskaloosa Independent, The Topeka Capital-Journal, WIBW AM 580, 94.5 Country, KMAJ 107.7, 102.9 KTOP, KMAJ AM 1440, 99-3 The Eagle, V100, ESPN Radio 1490 AM, and Country Legends 106.9
Friday, October 25, 2013
6:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Ramada Hotel & Convention Center, Regency Ballroom, 420 SE 6th Ave, Topeka
Plan to join us for this semi-formal event that will include sumptuous bites from area chefs, caterers, and restaurants as well as wine and spirits.
Individual tickets are $75.00 each and sponsorship opportunities are still available. For more information, call 785-295-3989 or buy tickets online below.
Once you add the ticket to your shopping cart, you can change the quantity if needed and checkout with a credit card or paypal account.
Live Benefit Auction Starts at 8 pm
In addition to the auction, designer table tops will be on display and will be available for purchase the night of the event. These table tops will be donated from local businesses located in Shawnee & Jefferson Counties in Kansas.
All proceeds from this community event will benefit Meals on Wheels of Shawnee and Jefferson counties. Money raised will help us to continue to provide nutritionally balanced meals to homebound, elderly and handicapped individuals.
Thank you to the following culinary participants that have already committed for 2013: Aboud’s Catering, Cakes by Dino, Cookies by Gayla, Front Door Catering, Hooter’s, Ice & Olives, Kitchen Gallery, Old Chicago, Pink City Sweets & Catering, Prairie Band Casino & Resort, Ramada Convention Center Downtown Topeka, Sodexo, and Top of the Tower.
Thank you to the following committed sponsors to date: BA Designs, Bartlett & West, Inc., Berberich Trahan & Co., Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas, Brewster Place, Capital City Bank, Capitol Federal, Dean & Pam Ferrell, FHLBank Topeka, GTRUST, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. , M-C Industries, Inc., NuSound Hearing Center, Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation, Security Benefit, St. Francis Health Center, Stormont-Vail HealthCare, Westar Energy, VisionBank, and Wolf’s Construction, Inc.
Thank you to the following In-Kind Media sponsors: WIBW-TV, The Vindicator, The Oskaloosa Independent, The Topeka Capital-Journal, WIBW AM 580, 94.5 Country, KMAJ 107.7, 102.9 KTOP, KMAJ AM 1440, 99-3 The Eagle, V100, ESPN Radio 1490 AM, and Country Legends 106.9.
1. Cowabunga Safaris – Autographed African Safari photo book #324/1,000
2. Crooked Post Vineyard – Harvest Day for 10 people, 3-4 hours of picking grapes followed by full noon meals, bottle of wine, wine tasting & specially designed t-shirts.
3. Cypress Ridge Golf Course – Certificate for a round of golf for two including cart rental
4. Diamonds by Design – Lamoskin wrap bracelet with grey pearl sterling silver charm
5. GreatLife Golf & Fitness – Certificate for a round of golf for two and cart rental at any GreatLife Premier, Select or Select + Location up to 18 holes
6. Kansas State University – Autographed Coach Bruce Weber Basketball, Autographed Coach Bill Snyder Football
7. Prairie Band Casino & Resort – Weekend overnight stay, weekend golf passes for two, $50 gift certificate in the Three Fires Steakhouse, two passes for breakfast at the Longhouse Buffet, $100 in Prairie cash
8. Residence Inn by Marriott – One-night stay in a deluxe studio or one-bedroom suite
9. Roadrunners Hockey – Two season tickets for the 2013-2014 season
10. T-Bones – Certificate for four general admission tickets to any Mon-Wed 2014 regular season home game
11. Theater League, Inc. – Complimentary ticket voucher for two tickets for Opening Night Theatre League Performance of Bring It On! The Musical on Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2014 at the Muriel Kauffman Theatre in Kansas City
12. Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway – Four (4) dinner certificates to the Epic Buffet at Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway
13. The Mystery Train in Kansas City – Tickets for two (2) to any performance of The Mystery Train – a murder-mystery dinner theater. Interactive mystery-comedy and a four-course dinner is included
14. Backs By Popular Demand – Gift certificate good for a one-hour Swedish massage with Erin at Backs By Popular Demand
15. Ambiance on the Water – Gift card good for a private gondola boat ride for two (2) by the Kansas City Plaza. Also included is a long stem rose.
16. Houmas House – Gift certificate for a guided tour of the Houmas House Plantation and self-guided tour of grounds in Louisiana.
17. Oak Alley Plantation – Gift certificate for a self-guided our of the Historic Grounds and a guided tour of the Big House at Oak Alley Plantation in Louisiana.